Advertisements on the website should only be construed as an invitation to purchase the services that are advertised on the website.
In order to purchase tickets on line, you must have a valid email address as well as the necessary equipment to print the tickets. A valid paper ticket bearing a legible 2D bar code (QR code) is required in order to board the coach.
Please note that the ticket is only valid for the person in whose name it was issued and for the trip specified by the time, date, point of departure and destination on the ticket. Once your transaction has been completed, a confirmation will be sent to you by email. Therefore, it is essential that the email address indicated in your user account is a valid one.
Intercar reserves the right to refuse to transport any passenger who has obtained a ticket without complying with the rules, fees and notices prescribed by Intercar or with applicable laws.
Intercar reserves the right to cancel an order placed over the Internet or an electronic ticket at any time and without prior notice, regardless of whether or not the order has been charged to your credit card. If your order is cancelled after the payment has been charged to your credit card, Intercar will reimburse you for the amount charged.
CONTRACT AND CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE
Intercar considers your ticket to be valid once you have paid in full and once the confirmation of purchase has been sent to you. Intercar is not bound by any order before the purchase order has been accepted. Intercar considers your order to be accepted once you have received a confirmation of purchase by email.
Intercar must be informed of any differences between the order submitted by the customer and the confirmation that is sent to the customer within 48 hours following the transmission of the confirmation email and before the scheduled travel date and time. Otherwise, the details contained in the confirmation will be considered to be accurate and will prevail over any other document. To contact Customer Service, call 1-800-806-2167 (toll free) between 5h45 a.m. and 21h45 p.m. (ET) on week days or 5h45 and 22h on weekends, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your purchase has been confirmed, Intercar will send you a confirmation within one hour following your purchase. If you do not receive the confirmation within one hour following your purchase, please contact Intercar in order to verify whether your purchase was properly completed. To contact Customer Service, call 1-800-806-2167 (toll free) between 5h45 a.m. and 21h45 p.m. (ET) on week days or 5h45 and 22h on weekends, or send an email to email@example.com.
PAYMENT AND CURRENCY
In order to complete your transaction, you must pay the full amount. Payment by credit card is the only method of payment that is accepted for online purchases. We accept only VISA or MasterCard. All payments must be in Canadian currency or the currency indicated in our brochure or on our website or requested by our agents, as the case may be. At its sole discretion, Intercar reserves the right to accept payments made in currencies other that those indicated.
Gift certificates, gift codes and other forms of discount issued by Intercar are applied to the ticket price before taxes.
Intercar offers promotions to its customers and share them on its website and its social networks accounts. Discounts offered by Intercar may be used in the form of a promotional code that can be used when purchasing a ticket on its website for travel on its inter-city network. For interline travel, the discount offered by a promotion applies to the Intercar portion only.
A promotional code is neither cashable nor redeemable and can not be combined with any other offer or promotional code. You may not use more than one promotional code at a time and each code is limited to one passenger per order. Intercar reserves the right to limit the number of codes available during a promotion. No money can be returned even if the value of the ticket is less than the value of the discount. Unless otherwise stated, tickets purchased with a promotional code can not be modified, exchanged or refunded.
EXCEPTIONS WITH RESPECT TO LIABILITY
Schedules and delayed departures
The dates and times that appear on our website, in our brochures or in other sources do not constitute guarantees, and are not part of the contract. Schedules are subject to change without prior notice. Passengers are responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of a missed transfer. Intercar does not offer any compensation for inconveniences or time lost resulting from a change in the schedule or the late arrival of a coach. Intercar customers acknowledge that Intercar cannot be held responsible for losses or damages suffered by a customer as a result of delays or missed transfers caused by weather conditions, road conditions or any other failure to fulfill its obligations on the part of Intercar resulting from any act of God or fortuitous event.
Boarding / Unboarding Policy
It is the responsibility of the passengers to follow the instructions given by the driver as to the times of departure and restart of the vehicle. If a passenger has to leave the vehicle for any reason, please advise the driver. It is the responsibility of the passengers to be back in the vehicle in time for departure. Otherwise, Intercar can not be held liable. The driver is obliged to follow a defined itinerary, in order to maintain a quality of service.
The services available on the website are provided to you “as is” and “based on availability”. Intercar makes no warranties of any kind whether express or implied, with respect to the content or any other element related to this website, and notably provides no warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Intercar makes no representation nor guarantees i) that the services or performance of the website meet your requirements; ii) that the services available on the website will remain uninterrupted, available, secure or free of errors; iii) that the results that may be obtained from using the services available on the website will be adequate, complete or reliable; or iv) that any programming errors will be corrected.
Intercar cannot be held responsible by any person under any circumstances for any compensatory, direct or indirect damages or any other damages or losses of any type whatsoever resulting from viruses, corruption of data, lost messages, interruption of activities or of the website; loss of programs or other data; damages resulting from the transmission of errors or problems via telecommunication service providers, Intercar contractors, the Internet network or suppliers of products or services; or any damages or losses caused by you or your employees, agents or subcontractors or by any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Intercar.
In the case where Intercar is held liable with respect to the use of its website, the customer acknowledges that the liability of Intercar shall be limited to the total of the amounts that the customer has paid to Intercar for the purchase of tickets via the website, regardless of the cause of action, whether contractual or extra-contractual.
All of the elements that appear on this website, notably texts, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips, are the property of Intercar or are otherwise provided by Intercar, and cannot be used without written authorization from Intercar. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively referred to as “marks”) that appear on this website are registered or unregistered marks belonging to Intercar or to their respective third parties, and cannot be used without written authorization from Intercar or their respective owners.
OPPOSABILITY OF THE ONLINE VERSION
You acknowledge that this User Agreement has the same effect and value as if it were signed by you. A printed version of this User Agreement or any notice sent by email shall be admissible within the context of any litigation in the same way as any other business document issued by the company or any record that is usually kept in paper form.
Any links and redirections to other websites are provided exclusively for your convenience. Intercar has not verified and does not explicitly or implicitly endorse these websites or any information or other elements that can be accessed via these websites or their accessibility, and assumes no responsibility in connection with these websites, any information or other elements that are published on these sites or any products or services that are available through such websites. Creating a link to this website from other websites without express authorization from Intercar is prohibited.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAWS
TICKET REFUNDS AND MODIFICATIONS
Note concerning carriers and traveling with Intercar and the Interline travel network:
Applicable ticket reimbursement and modification policies depend on whether you are travelling on Intercar’s network or the Interline travel network (transferring with another carrier). To identify the carrier of a portion of a ticket (departure or returning), find the abbreviation indicated to the right of the electronic ticket near the QR code (example: INTS for Intercar Saguenay, OEXP for Orléans Express, etc.). The following is a list of carriers (divisions) covering the territory served by Intercar and their abbreviations:
AFOU : Autocar Fournier (Alma - Québec)
AJAS : Autocar Jasmin (Saguenay - Québec)
AUTT : Aubobus Tremblay & Tremblay (Chicoutimi - Tadoussac)
CHIB : Intercar Chibougamau (St-Félicien - Chibougamau)
INCN : Intercar Côte-Nord (Québec Ste-Foy - Baie-Comeau)
INTI : Intercar Inc. (Baie-Comeau - Havre-Saint-Pierre)
INTS : Intercar Saguenay (Saguenay - Québec)
Reimbursement of a ticket purchased online or at a point of sale:
Valid tickets (ticket whose date and time of travel are not exceeded) are reimbursable under the following conditions:
- Tickets are refundable from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (ET) by calling our toll-free customer service at 1-800-806-2167.. Reimbursement requests can also be made via email on weekdays by sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The refund amount will be the equivalent of the original value of the unused ticket or the value of unused tickets portions, less a 25% administrative fee.
- No refund request will be accepted for any ticket whose date and time of travel have already passed. A valid ticket may be refunded when the request is made to customer service within 6 months of the original ticket purchase date. No refund will be given if the request is made after the aforementioned deadline.
- No refunds will be given on prepaid tickets at any of our various points of sale.
- Applicable refund conditions for sale-priced tickets or those sold as part of a promotion may be different and are non-refundable.
Modifications for tickets purchased online or at a point of sale:
Tickets purchased online or at one of our various points of sale may be changed at no charge under the following conditions:
- Valid tickets may be changed daily between 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m (ET) by contacting our toll-free customer service number at 1-800-806-2167. Change requests can also be made via email on week-days by sending the request to the following address : email@example.com.
- Only the dates and departure times can be changed. Any other modification requests (place of departure, place of destination, passenger name) require a reimbursement according to the conditions set out above and the new tickets must be purchased.
- All tickets must be changed before the scheduled date and departure time. The price and usage terms of the new tickets (the modified ticket) may differ from those of the tickets originally purchased.
- Applicable modification conditions for sale-priced or promotional tickets may be different.
Lost or damaged tickets
- An electronic ticket can always be reprinted from the confirmation email received by the customer or in one of our Intercar network terminals equipped with our electronic ticketing.
Discount coupons and promotions
Discount coupons or promotional codes of varying values can be used when purchasing tickets on the Intercar network. They cannot be redeemed or converted into cash, and cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. Only one discount coupon or promotional code can be used at a time. No currency is returned to the customer even if the value of the ticket is less than the value of the applied discount. Tickets purchased in a transaction with a discount or promotional code are not modifiable or refundable.
All passengers must present a valid photo ID with their ticket when boarding.
If the customer holds an electronic ticket sold by one of our new point-of-sale systems (2016), the name displayed on the ticket must match the one on the driver’s list of passengers (on his scanner).
CHILDREN TRAVELLING ALONE
Children between the ages of 8 and 12 (inclusive) can travel alone, on the condition that they present the document entitled “Document for a Child Travelling Alone” with their ticket. To take advantage of the reduced fare for children aged 12 and under, proof of age must be presented when boarding. To ensure the safety of the child, the following conditions must be met:
- Children travelling alone cannot board or disembark in cities where Intercar does not have a ticket office or a point or embarking/disembarking.
- Transfers outside of Intercar’s network are not permitted.
- Travel at night, in whole or in part, is not permitted. A child travelling alone must arrive at his destination city by 11:00 p.m. at the latest.
- The terminal/agency at the arrival destination must be open when the child arrives.
- Children cannot travel alone in the case of “conditional” departures.
Animals are not allowed on board our coaches. Only service dogs are permitted because they play an essential role for their owners – we therefore always have space for them.
Baggage - limitations and additional fees
Each passenger is entitled to two (2) suitcases and one (1) carry-on bag. The carry-on bag must be fit in the luggage racks located above the seats inside the coach – carry-on bags cannot be placed on a seat or in the aisle. All baggage must be identified. The customer is responsible for the transfer of his or her baggage.
Maximum weight and dimensions of baggage
No baggage shall exceed 34 kg (75 pounds) nor be larger than 60 cm x 60 cm x 90 cm (2 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet) or 0.30 m (12 feet3).
Additional baggage; 3rd and 4th pieces of baggage
- Two additional baggage items are permitted upon payment of an additional charge of $5 per piece with the purchase of a one-way ticket and for $10 with the purchase of a round-trip ticket; plus tax. If a customer purchases a round-trip ticket, he must pay the extra baggage fee for the round-trip.
- If the amount of baggage on the return trip is less than on the departure trip, no refund is possible. If the customer has more baggage on the return than on the departure, the surplus at $5 per bag (plus tax) must be paid.
Additional luggage; 5th and more
Any additional baggage must go through the EXPEDIBUS courier service. The price charged will be calculate by the weight and destination of the baggage; regardless if they are on the same coach as the passenger.
Baby strollers and car seats
These two elements are not considered as pieces of baggage. The parent is entitled to two pieces of baggage and one carry-on bag in addition to the baby stroller and car seat.
Claims for lost or damaged luggage
Any claim requests must be addressed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be accompanied by all supporting documents.
It is possible to travel with a bicycle or to send it by courier service. The following terms and fees apply:
- You must go to the courier, dismantle and pack your bicycle.
- Boxes are available for sale in our terminals. Customers with a foldable bike can have it transported in their carrying bag provided for this purpose.
- Transportation costs will be charged regardless of whether the client is traveling in the same coach as his or her bicycle.
- The representative must complete a bill of lading and provide insurance to the client (maximum value $1,000).
- When connecting through our network or interconnecting with another carrier, the bicycle will go through the courier service and the driver take care of transferring it.
We will attempt to place the bicycle on the same bus in which the owner is travelling. However, it is possible due to a lack of space in the vehicle that the bicycle may be placed on another vehicle and/or on a later departure.
DEPARTURES "CONDITIONAL DEPARTURES"
During inclement weather conditions (snow storms, ice storms, etc.), the Intercar dispatch center can issue "conditional" departure notices. The fact that departures are conditional has an impact on the level of customer service; Among others:
- Children cannot travel alone.
- Delays of varying durations are expected and connections may be missed.
- It is possible, for safety reasons, that the trip may be interrupted mid-journey. We recommend travelling with money or other means of payment to cover additional expenses.
- When departures are conditional, Intercar does not compensate customers who incur expenses such as: meals, lodging, missed connections, etc..; The customer has chosen to leave at "his own risk".
- Under such circumstances, schedule changes and travel to other departures in the event of cancellation are not subject to the above-mentioned restrictions and cancellation fees.
- If you choose not to travel, the refund terms apply.
RIGHT TO REFUSE
Intercar reserves the right to refuse a person from boarding the coach if that individual’s behavior, language or the level of intoxication (alcohol, drugs, etc.) is likely to offend the other passengers or if it constitutes a threat to the safety of the driver and/or the other passengers.